Residents Can Receive 100,000 Yen

Residents Can Receive 100,000 Yen
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Japanese government is giving 100,000 yen to each person living in
You can receive the money if your name is on the Basic Resident Register on April 27, 2020.
Foreign residents can receive this money too.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications announced the payments on April 20.
You need the following by April 27 to receive the money:
– A residence card (status of residence) that lets you live in Japan for more than three (3) months
– A residence certificate registered with your town or city (municipality)
Your town or city hall will send an application form to the address on your residence certificate.
On the application form, you need to write:
● The name of your head of household (like your father’s name)
● The date you were born
● Where you live (address)
● The bank account you want the money paid into
You also need to send a copy of a document that shows your identity, like your residence card.
Send the application form to your city or town hall.
If you have a MyNumber (Individual Number) card, you can apply online.
Everyone will receive the application form and the money on a different date. This depends on the city you live
At the earliest, the money will arrive by the middle of May.
You can ask questions about the Basic Resident Register or residence certificate by phone. The call center staff
will interpret (translate), so you can speak to your town or city hall.
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
0570-066-630 (Navidial)
03-6436-3605 (if you use an IP phone system or are calling from PHS)
08:30 – 17:30
Closed on weekends and public holidays
The call center staff can speak Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Thai,
Indonesian, Tagalog, and Nepalese.
They can explain the Basic Resident Register. This page has information in lots of languages:

「外国人も 1 人 10 万円(100,000YEN)をもらうことができます」(やさしい日本語ニュース/withhnews・朝日新聞 2020 年 4 月 21 日)